Historic Private Residence is the modern use of the historic Administrator’s home/Lowry Commander’s House.
Nearby at Roslyn Street and 5th Avenue, the Agnes C. Phipps Memorial Tuberculosis Sanatorium opened in 1904. Built in the same Spanish-influenced style as the sanatorium, this two-story residence originally housed the sanatorium superintendent and is the only remaining building from the that era. When the Air Force base opened in 1937, it became an officer’s club and quarters. It was converted to the base commander’s residence in 1945 and remained in that role until the base was closed in 1994. Completely renovated and restored, Building No. 251 is now a private residence looking out on 6th Avenue.
For questions about Design Review Requests and HOA Covenants, park maintenance or HOA documents:
Community Manager: Jennifer Bublitz, MSI