Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment is the modern use of the historic Technical Training Labs and Classrooms
Due to high security training in how to handle and maintain nuclear weapons, the original building, No. 1307 opened in 1972 with few windows, a dark and gloomy interior and very thick walls. Though only mock ups of weapons were used, the building still had feeling of intense security and isolation. When the CDPHE took it over, they created an entirely different atmosphere with many new windows, a center skylight and a 30 foot slab of Colorado sandstone at the entry. The public health lab is an outstanding example of interesting modern architecture as it sits in a field of native grasses.
For questions about Design Review Requests and HOA Covenants, park maintenance or HOA documents:
Community Manager: Jennifer Bublitz, MSI