News From Councilwoman Sawyer
Concerned about Speeding? Request a Speed Van!
Did you know that you can request a speed van in our neighborhoods? Especially if you’re concerned about pedestrian safety, photo radar enforcement is a tool that has been proven to be very effective.
Winter Has Come
- Use the shovel to push the snow; don’t lift it.
- Shovel early! When snow isn’t shoveled, it gets packed down and becomes ice. Shoveling all the way to the pavement will also prevent ice from forming.
- Shovel into your yard, so the snow plow doesn’t push it back onto your sidewalk.
- Shovel away from roadways and bike lanes, so plows don’t push the snow back onto your sidewalks.
- Salt can be damaging when it runs off into your lawn or the storm sewer with the snow-melt. Look for eco-friendly and pet-safe deicers.
- Be proactive and come up with a plan for addressing sidewalks now, before it’s snowing.